Strategic Sourcing and Contracting teams gather data, analyze spending, conduct market research, negotiate and contract with suppliers. To improve our overall supply chain efficiency and effectiveness, and to strengthen Kaiser Permanente (KP) and supplier partnerships, KP is implementing SMARTsupply, integrating best-in-class technologies coupled with streamlined processes.
SMARTsupply incorporates Coupa ™ as the sourcing and contracting application, a key component of KP’s Source-to-Pay (S2P) Transformation. Kaiser Permanente can better optimize its combined purchasing capabilities and align its procurement strategy with the organization’s overall business objectives.
What do suppliers need to know for Sourcing?
- Sourcing event process is simplified and enables easy-to-use bid submission and messaging capabilities
- Suppliers will receive an email from Coupa when invited to participate and respond to an RFI, RFQ, RFP and auction events from Kaiser Permanente
- Suppliers may receive additional information via email from KP Sourcing Teams
What do suppliers need to know for Contracting?
- Contracting process is simplified and enhances visibility and reporting of contracting activity
- Starting November 2023, the creation and approval of any new Products/Services Letter of Agreements (LOAs), Business Associate Agreements (BAAs), and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) must be done in Coupa.
- Suppliers will receive an email from the Coupa system when invited to access a Products/Services LOA, BAA, or NDA
- Suppliers may receive additional information via email from the KP Contracting Team
Where can suppliers obtain more information?