Reflecting the Communities We Serve
We believe in providing diverse, small, and local businesses the most practical opportunity to be included in our contracting and subcontracting activities, ensuring that the dollars we spend contribute to the economic health of our communities and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Councils and Affiliations
We are active members of the following local, regional and national organizations, chartered to advance business opportunities, support and advocate for the growth and welfare of minority, women, LGBTQ+, veteran and disabled-owned business enterprises, and connect them to corporate members and their buyers.
NOTE: Some of these organizations also provide a credible and reliable certifying authority that ensures valid documentation exists of a business’ ownership and control.
- American Indian Chamber of Commerce of California (AICCAL)
- Billion Dollar Roundtable (BDR)
- Disability: IN
- Inner City Capital Connections
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Veterans Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME)
- US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC)
- Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council (WRMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council West (WBEC West)
Events for Diverse Suppliers
Find out when Kaiser Permanente will be in your area by viewing our Outreach Calendar and meet us at an event where we can discuss our program and answer your questions. If you are interested in attending any of the events, visit the sponsor’s website or contact them directly.
NOTE: Our Outreach Calendar may be revised throughout the year as business needs evolve and does not guarantee our attendance at each event.
Tier II Program and Reporting
The Tier II program is a component of our strategy that ensures diverse businesses are afforded the opportunity to do business with us as a subcontractor to our prime suppliers. Our Tier II program was created to ensure that we maximize contract opportunities for diverse suppliers that provide products and/or services to our prime suppliers. All our suppliers are expected to mirror Kaiser Permanente’s Supplier Diversity commitment.
All suppliers, except those classified as small businesses, who receive contracts in excess of $550,000 ($1M for Construction) may be contacted by Kaiser Permanente to report their Tier II expenditures into Kaiser Permanente’s online reporting portal on a quarterly basis.